Monday, January 28, 2008

Another 45 Minutes

And the Embarq saga continues.

After the horrors of Embarq from Saturday (You can click here to read that post!) I came to school today ready to do battle again. This time I was armed with the knowledge that I could indeed live without the Internet, a phone, and a cell phone. I have done so several times in the past.

At 2:42 I picked up the phone and by 2:50 the automated voice told me my wait would be at least 15 minutes. It was. And then I spoke with Devin. I asked her for help in figuring out my bill. 1) Why am I being charged for a service I do not have access to? Long distance. And 2) What do I need to cancel to cut my phone bill in half. (How can I have a $200/month phone bill if I do not make long distance calls?!) I explained my 45 minute ordeal from Saturday. She commented that David made NO notes in my file, it was as if I had never called. (I am thinking of a very dirty word right now!). She commented that I had not made any long distance calls since October. I reminded her that I can't! We went back and forth and finally I said, look, I am going to have to cancel my services. I am not willing to continue with the expense, the hassle, and the headache. Would you please connect me with someone who can help me? (Thinking back to David assuring me that I would need to speak to another entity to cancel services!). She said, "that person would be me." And I said, "Alright. Let's cancel the following: long distance and home phone, Internet, and cell phone." She asked, "Are you cancelling because you're angry about the $30 for long distance?" "No," I replied, "I am cancelling because I am unhappy with the service I receive and I cannot afford $200/month for services that I don't even have access to and therefore cannot use."

Long story short. After a 45 minute chat with Devin I will continue to have local phone services, Internet and a cell phone (all the things I 'enjoy' now) and my bill will be $120/month. Imagine that. I still won't have long distance, but at least I cut by bill by nearly $80.

Wankers!