Friday, May 8, 2009

Hooray!

Last night was our Bowling Banquet and my predictions were correct! Several patches, awards, medals, and good natured heckling rounded out the evening. I had the honor of having the highest handicap series- I am not sure exactly what that meant, save that when they combined my handicap with my actual scores from a game I scored like a "real bowler!" Additionally I earned second place among the women for having one of the lowest games of the season; Sal earned first place! Go Sally!

But the biggest honor, at least to my thinking, Most Improved Woman Bowler went to both Sal and me! Sally, having bowled for only a year, earned Most Improved New Bowler by raising her average 10 points! Go Sally, Go! I raised my average a mere 4 points this year (I had a fall slump, and my averaged dropped down to 99 or so! It was February before I got my average back up to where it was last spring when we ended (102) and I believe those last two big games in April bumped me to a 106! All that aside, those 4 pins were just enough to get me Most Improved Veteran Bowler for 2008-2009! Hooray!

After two weeks of play offs it was good to see everyone and enjoy a meal together. We had dinner at Nathan's Grill in the 'Burg. This ends my third year of bowling! And there's still so much to learn! I've decided I might need to buy my own bowling shoes and maybe even a bowling ball for the next season! Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding a scary bowling ball with skulls and crossbones! I know that would be key to intimidating my opponents AND raising my average!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you rock girl! Better ask Santa for some shoes and a ball!