Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's No Secret

The first of my two secrets became official this evening at 5:00 p.m. at Blind Boone Park in the 'Burg. During the Kappa Delta Pi induction program (KDP is an honor society for pre-service teachers with at least a 3.25 GPA) and picnic I was honored with the Kappa Delta Pi Teacher of the Year Award for the 2007-2008 school year. The students made me cry. The professors made me cry. I got them back and made them cry. The most surprising part of the evening (besides the obvious - receiving the award) was something that Dr. F read. It was a note from a fellow professor. She wrote about listening to me read to my class. She made me sound wonderful. The best part of the evening (besides the hamburgers and hot dogs cooked up by one of my students) was receiving two children's books and an awesome book on integrating literacy in the content areas (math, science, and social studies).

As mentioned in my post from Wednesday, my secret, described above, doubled. On Thursday, May 1 the University's Sigma Alpha Pi National Society of Student Leadership and Success will be honoring me with their Excellence in Teaching Award for the 2007 - 2008 school year.

I am stunned. Honored and stunned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kat!!!

You rock!

Big, big hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hey you! Congrats! I am so Happy for for you!

Love Mom

Amber said...

Holy-kermoley! How do I sign up for your classes? Topic unimportant, I just want to learn from the best of the best!
Congrats!

Kat Mangione said...

Thanks for the congrats, ladies! Amber, it is always good to see you!