Monday, May 26, 2008

Free Furniture

This weekend keeps getting better! Yesterday I received a call from a friend and colleague letting me know that a friend and former colleague was in town and had some Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals for me but did not have my phone number with her (She moved to TN about two months ago!). So I called up my TN friend and met her at her old house in Knob Noster where she gave me a giant garbage back filled with pristine stuffed animals from the Hundred Acre Wood. Sweet. While there and catching up (read: gossiping) she offered me a dresser, a computer desk, a book case, and an awesome entertainment center. How could I say no? But I was in the Kia. So Shan and I headed back to the 'Burg and grabbed John and the truck and loaded a HEAP of furniture in the bed. The afternoon and evening was spent putting together our new furniture, cleaning, feasting on tacos (Thank you Shannon!), moving furniture, and more cleaning. John finally has something more than a futon on the floor and a box with a lamp on it! His room looks pretty darn sweet. Orion's room has been slightly reorganized (I swapped the chest from Orion's room with the dresser from John's (same suite).). I've got a bit more work to do and I hope to get curtains hung before school resumes on Tuesday. I cannot wait to put the dresser in the basement spare room and switch out desks for Orion's computer in the basement! Sweet! Thank you Tracy and Brian for you generosity. You saved us a boat load!

Did I forget to mention that I started my morning with homemade chocolate cake doughnuts (Thank you John and Orion!) and that Shannon found some $3.24 curtains at Lowe's (I am not kidding!) for the "Dirty Romance Room"? What a day!

We're expecting some wicked weather tonight (Tornado Watch and Severe T-Storm Watch). Currently KC is getting hammered. I think I am going to call it a day!

0 comments: