Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Mix Bread Puppy's"

Yesterday I was about a block from home and trying to make a left on to Hwy. 13 South. It was about 4:30 in the afternoon and I knew that it would take all the patience I had to wait for a break in traffic. I sat for a bit, with the windows rolled down, and watched the traffic buzz by. That was when I saw it. A sign stapled to the telephone pole between the Casey's Gas Station and the house with the 30 lawn mowers in the front yard (and other assorted treasures!). The sign read "Mix Bread Puppy's." It took me a minute. Really, it did. I cocked my head to one side and thought to myself, 'What am I missing?' And then it hit me. Bread sounds like bred, not breed. And then it hit me again, 'Just what belonged to this puppy or were there more than one?' I finally made a left and found my way home. I called my friend Shannon to see if she wanted a "Bread Mix" puppy. I am fairly certain that not everyone can brag about owning a "Bread Mix" puppy. However, when I stopped by today (to take a picture of the sign) and to discover what kind of bread these puppy's [sic] were (I really like a good rye, but I also find a whole grain to be satisfying!) the sign and puppy's [sic] were gone. Sorry Shannon, no "Bread Mix" puppy for you! But I'll keep looking!

0 comments: