Thursday, September 4, 2008

103, 89, 89

Last week was a good week compared to this week. My average was 103 and some change. A good point and a half above last spring's average. Tonight I didn't do so well. By the grace of the bowling gods, I hit my average on the first game, but the last two were bummers.

It has been a weird day overall. My seniors were in a dither about student teaching in the spring and PDS this fall. I worked hard all day and accomplished nothing. And tonight, things just didn't seem to fit. The bowling shoes at the lanes are icky. The 9 1/2 shoes are tight and hurt. The 10's are inches too big and cause me to slip and slide throwing my ball every which way. I tried several things to improve my game. I changed shoes. I emptied my bladder. I rearranged by brassiere (Even out the load...). I don't know what was going on. I do know that I was preoccupied with my students, concerned about finances (Orion's glasses broke today, I need a new washer, and I have more money going out than in right now ~ Essentially I need a second job!), not feeling well (Fighting allergies for three weeks and it feels like some horrid cold!), thinking about all the work I have left on my desk, and to top it off, I hadn't had dinner!

How's that for a line of excuses? Next week I am going to hit my average! As my bowling mentor would say, "Remember... this is fun!"

0 comments: