Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gorgeous Gustav

It's raining. Hard. And from the looks of it, we'll be getting even more over the next day or so. I don't mind the rain. I like it. A lot. But the 'Burg is a flat place. Water tends to sit... or seep into basements. Driving to work took a bit longer. Water in the streets was up over Grace's bumper. She did fine. I got pretty wet walking from the parking lot to the office this morning. And I waited for the down pour to let up! I even wore a raincoat. I never do that!

I had to check the weather this morning. Gustav still has form and function, it seems. It's quite impressive, really. I even caught a picture for you! I wish I had take a picture of yesterday's radar when the eye was right over Shreveport and the northern most arm was giving Conway, AR a good cleaning. Many friends have family in southern Louisiana. Some are up here riding out the storm. Others have made their way to Dallas. Hurricanes are dangerous, destructive, and devastating. And absolutely beautiful.

Be safe. Be warm. And be dry!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are happy that the Crazy German Hurricane blew away from us. Now we are watching several others in line hope Tampa Bay is not the next destination......
Love Mom