Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Birthday Goodness...

Sunday I celebrated my 39th birthday. I know... One can very easily round up to 40... Up, up, up! I have had a very good birthday and it looks like I will continue to enjoy birthday festivities throughout the upcoming week! The joy of having one's birthday so close to Thanksgiving; one can find ways to drag it out, to prolong the celebrations.

I started celebrating on November 22nd. Explaining to Orion that for a while folks thought my birthday was on the 22nd because I was born in the middle of the night, just after 3:00 a.m. EST. Sunday the 23rd was spent at Jennifer and Aaron's house in Sedalia (about 30 miles east of here) with good friends. We snacked all day on some very tasty dip and chips. And Aaron and Jennifer provided us with plenty of pizza (I had left-overs for breakfast this morning!). Next to the company, my favorite part was rockin' out to Guitar Hero with Chad and Aaron! What fun!

In addition to the weekend fun I have received a number of electronic wishes via Facebook (Who knew?!), many cards via snail mail, gorgeous flowers from my mum-in-law, a beautiful apron from my "south of the border" sister, home-made cookies, and a pair of 480 million year old earrings (no kidding). Rumor has it, there's more to come!

I promise to take pictures of my "birthday booty" and share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought about you all day Sunday and never got a chance to send you a HAPPY! Love ya girl. I hear 40 is not so bad, guess I will find out before you.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Kris

PS it was also Greg Head's little Girl Gracie's 9th b-day!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! 40 is a blast! that's coming real soon Katherine!
Worry about the package? Hope it has arrived.
Glad you had a good birthday!
Love Mom

Amber said...

Oh, dear! I had no idea Eric followed so closely on your heels... Here's sending you a little belated San Diego *hugs* and sunshine!