Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Long Time

It's been a week since I've blogged. But it seems longer than that! A great deal has happened in the past 7 days.

I skipped bowling for the first time this season. I was feeling puny. And I just needed a little more time to work in my office.

Halloween consisted of me sitting in the house with the lights off. Orion dressed up as a bloody army doctor and made the neighbors' houses.

Saturday we went to Wal*Mart. Orion desperately needed britches. He no longer wears "boy pants." I have to buy his clothes in the MAN section now! We got home shortly before noon; Orion had his full crank on. By 2:00 p.m. we knew why! He was terribly sick! He had a 102+ temperature and was miserable. He slept in his dad's bed for the afternoon and evening. Later I moved him to his bedroom where he convalesced the rest of the evening. Loving and hating the sponge baths I was using to help lower his fever.

Sunday I day-tripped to the big city. My highlights (aside from the company!) included "Retail Rock Hounding" (just wait for Christmas), the Half-Price Books, and Cho-ga the Korean restaurant I love in Overland Park.

Orion remained at home, napping and playing video games, on Sunday. John headed to work at 3:00. I think we all over did it on Sunday.

Monday we spent at home. All three of us. John and Orion rested and played video games. I researched, napped, wrote, and did a load or two of laundry. But mostly kept activity to a minimum.

Tuesday I spent all day in the public schools. My department chair paid a special visit to our PDS schools. I had a great time showing her the three schools I visit on Tuesdays. She bought me a lovely lunch at King Chef Buffet (Chinese). But it was 2:30 and I was in the teachers' lounge at Knob thinking I had over-done it again. I had a pretty miserable afternoon. But after a 30 minute nap upon returning home at 5:00 I felt well enough to make dinner.

Tuesday we elected a new president.

And today finds me cleaning out my office. I was a bit surprised to find over 150 email in my in box and a stack of mail on my chair (seems my snail mail box in the office was full too!). What a mess. I don't remember leaving my office in such a state; but I vaguely recall feeling rather puny on Friday when I left.

What a week! We're all feeling better and taking it easy. What have you all be up to?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Katherine you sound so busy, I am sorry you were all sick! Believe me I know the feeling, I have been dragging around here for days, chemo has taken its toll.
Looking forward to be done with all this treatment.
Sending you all good thoughts and love.
Mom

Gaile said...

Kat, I love how you just casually slipped in the new president bit. Nice! Hope you're all on the mend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the phone call!!! Will follow up on our conversation and let you know what is possible....
Hang in there on the PhD....it will happen and we WILL CELEBRATE!!!!