Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

It wasn't till last weekend that I could tell that winter was loosening its grip. While tulips had sprouted and bloomed, they didn't fend off the snow and ice that we continued to receive. My red tulips looked lovely in my white porcelain teapots and lasted nearly a week as winter precipitation continued to fall. However, last Saturday I noted that the forsythia were in full bloom and the redbud and dogwood were just starting to have a hint of color. By the beginning of this week the bare tree limbs were dotted with a bare hint of green. Friday finds us on our third day of 80+ degree weather with leaflets on most of the trees and seed pods blowing in the stiff winds. But mostly it is my runny nose, scratchy throat, and crusty eyes that have announced the arrival of spring. I only wish I had some pictures to share!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need some pictures! Want to see my Grandson too....
Spring is so beautiful enjoy!
Love Mom