Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Soap Socks

I cannot believe it has been over two months since I have posted. It has been a busy and interesting two months with the ending of one semester and the starting of another. I've finally completed grading for one semester and have started breathing life into my summer classes.

Earlier this spring I learned to make soap with my good friend Shannon from our good friend Jennifer (Thanks Jen!). It was a lovely basil and tea tree oil soap. I cannot wait to make several different batches of soap this summer. Hooray for soap making! Well, on the way back to Warrensburg this weekend I battled boredom by making a zillion dish rags. Then I started on soap socks. I made three this weekend. A large rectangular one for my friend Shan's giant bars of soap I gave her for her birthday, a medium oval shaped bag (pictured above), and a smaller version with a tighter stitch. The soap socks are now in beta testing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need soap Grandpa loves the stuff he uses it daily.
I love you sopa socks too.
You are so talented.....

Loree said...

I love my bar! Best soap I have ever had....let's go corporate!

Unknown said...

I agree it is the best soap and it doesn't dry you out with Doug being like a cracker he loves the stuff.