Thursday, May 26, 2011

Coffee Press



My brother makes a mean cuppa via a French Press... He rather got me hooked last summer when I stayed with him and Robin whilest finishing up the dissertation... I was tickled when he gave me his lil' Lexan French Press (You can buy your own for about $20 at Safety Central.) The Lexan coffee press is virtually indestructable and great for making a cup o' joe whilest traveling or camping. Yum! My lil' pot is 10 oz. But they come in 33 oz and 50 oz (50 oz of coffee?! I could do it! But my heart would stop!) for the serious drinker... coffee drinker that is!



Well, I was shopping the other day at the local Salvation Army Thrift Store (my favorite retail venue in the 'Burg... okay, second favorite... Highway 13 Antiques being my first!) when I found a Pyrex (!) French Press for TWO DOLLARS! Yes, $2.00. Woot! A little coffee pot cleaner and a lot of water and the press cleaned up and shined up nicely! I cannot wait for company! I am ready to press up a nifty lil' pot o' coffee!



Well now, you can go and buy your own used Pyrex Coffe Press at Ebay for about $15.00 plus shipping... Making my $2.00 pot that much more of a SCORE! And with a nod to my lil' sis... Press pots are great for loose tea! Much better than tea balls as they allow the tea to fully expand... Love it; love it; love it!

0 comments: