Wednesday, November 7, 2007

SRATE

SRATE stands for the Southeastern Regional Association of Teacher Educators. And that's where I am headed in a mere 6 or so hours! Yes, it's just after 2:00 a.m. and yes I am printing off my overhead slides, just in case I don't have access to a projector, yes I haven't completed packing, yes I am driving, and yes it looks like I'll get less than four hours of sleep!

Ugh! This year's SRATE conference will be held in St. Louis, so I have about a three hour drive in front of me tomorrow morning. I will be presenting on Thursday with a group of professors from UCM and again on Friday, solo. My Friday presentation is "Common Earth Science Misconceptions of Preservice Teachers." It is a discussion friendly version of my previous research and current and future dissertation.

We will be staying downtown in the Hyatt just off of Union Station! I am excited to be a "tourist" in St. Louis. After a few days with the conference I plan to hang with my St. Louis Teacher Friends, if time permits, before returning to the 'Burg, classes, paper grading, and the dreaded dissertation!

0 comments: