Thursday, January 24, 2008

By Now

Gentle readers, I am finally beginning to feel like my old self again. For weeks I have had no energy, no spirit, no enthusiasm. I had a bit of a nasty cold that left me even more cranky and more tired than usual. It has been a weird ailment with zits, crusty eyes (!), runny nose, sore throat, aches & pains, and a general malaise. But I am better now! I used my three day weekend well; I slept twelve hours for four nights straight and took two naps on top of all that. What did you say? You tried to call me this past weekend? Yeah, I was one of two places: sleeping or changing a load of laundry. Mostly sleeping. I didn't even check messages till Tuesday! In fact, I was so sick last Thursday I didn't even bowl! You know I had to be feeling poorly to miss the social event of my week!

By now, you have met some of my friends. But I'd like to take a moment to introduce them properly.


Jerry Garcia took a moment of his time (from heaven) to wish us a Happy New Year! Don't ever shave Jerry! I love your beard! As my Fortieth Birthday quickly approaches, I am reminded "what a long strange trip it's been."

You've met Maria Bamford and her dog Blossom as she sings about The Dark. This stand up comedienne has me in stitches. She has an entire series of three to five minute videos called the Maria Bamford Show. Check them out at Super Max. Northwest Arkansas readers, Maria will be at the University of Arkansas on February 7! I wish I could be there!


Then you met Cheryl Wheeler as she crooned Is it Peace or is it Prozac? I have my friend Sophia to thank for introducing me to this artist. I guarantee you will be seeing more of her here!


And who can forget the tragic and beautiful Amy Winehouse (You have to love her name!). Amy's song Rehab is one of my favorites. She has an amazing voice. Unfortunately, it seems she has a heroin addiction to boot. Get well Amy! Your music and talent are too good to waste!

Van Morrison, as always, remains my heart and soul. "Gotta get through January, Gotta get through February." We're nearly there Van. Nearly there.

Till the next post...