Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Peter Coyote

Peter Coyote has been one of my all time favorite actors! I first remember him in the Legend of Billie Jean (An '80 Joan of Arc) with Helen Slater and Christian Slater (not related) from 1985. For years now I have enjoyed him in various TV shows (4400, Brothers & Sisters, and the occasional Law & Order) and movies (The Hebrew Hammer (a very funny movie), Cross Creek, and Patch Adams).

Peter Coyote is not just a pretty face (I think he's a hottie!) he's an activist, a poet, a musician, a writer, and a survivor of the '60s. Did I mention he went to London with Ken Kesey and The Dead to check out the Beatles? "We thought the Beatles were brilliant musicians and wanted to see what their lives were about. It turned out that they weren't very interesting..." (Coyote, Philadelphia Inquirer)

Did I mention that we was born Rachmil Pinchus Ben Mosha Cohon on October 10, 1941? I wonder how he chose the name Peter Coyote? (Notice I didn't say I wonder why...)

0 comments: