Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bowling Begins

Hey folks! Schools back in session and the Faculty Staff League started tonight with a flumpwehph. Everyone was happy to be back and delighted to see one another. It was good fun. Regardless of our averages or handicaps, we all seemed to have one thing in common: stamina, rather our lack there of. By the second game several of us noted the balls seemed heavier this year. By the beginning of the third game I knew my right arm was at least four inches longer than my left. I also started weaving on the approach! We were all plum tuckered out by the end of the evening.

My friend and Fairy Godmother (Orion's name for her) subbed for Darryl this evening. She was tearing it up with some super high scores! Spare Time (our team name!) welcomed Sally to the team. I might have some competition there! And one of our new hires from the department joined an opposing team. Looks like we're going to have a fabulous season!

My scores this evening: 115, 103, and 95. A straight shot down. I was not sand bagging (purposely playing poorly at the beginning of the season to ensure a higher handicap and lower average, making it easier to raise one's average). Although I should have considered this tactic. I am pleased to say that last year's average was 102 and tonight's games averaged to 104. Woot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you that you back on the team,,,,I know you will do alot better this year!
Love Mom

Kat Mangione said...

A lot better than Most Improved Player? I might have reached my bowling zenith last year! There may be no hope.