Friday, August 8, 2008

Safe and Sound...

(Our Capitol from Constitution and Third Streets, Saturday, August 2, 2008)
We made it home safely! As many of you know, I had the opportunity to visit Washington D.C. last week for the Association of Teacher Educators Summer Conference (ATE). With the help of John's mom, who purchased our Travelocity tickets (Round trip with taxes and fees $179! Thanks Loree!), I was able to take John and Orion with me. After dreading the trip much of the spring it occurred to me that 1) John's always wanted to go, 2) Orion would really dig the museums, 3) The hotel room would be nearly $200 a night whether I slept alone or not, and best of all 4) The Smithsonian Museums do not charge admission. Things came together and the Leslies left at the butt crack of dawn on Friday, August 1. We returned close to 11:00 pm on Wednesday, August 6. It was a long week. And I kept a journal. So over the next couple of days I plan to share with you our adventures and pictures from our trip to D.C.

0 comments: