Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 19

Ten days of illness and isolation (as suggested by the Health Dept. and CDC). Tenth day doctor diagnoses pneumonia prescribes Tessalon & Levaquin. Day 14 sees no real improvement; doctor adds more Levaquin and breathing treatments via a nebulizer. Day 18 brings severe pain when breathing. Day 19 doctor orders Sunday visit to ER for another x-ray and blood work. Breathing improved. Pneumonia still present. Possibly viral. Doctor doubles orders for breathing treatments and adds codeine cough syrup for pain (!) and a month of steroids. Good news: I am not admitted. Bad news: I freakin' hurt like hell and it looks like I am going to miss another week of work.

I miss Andromeda!

2 comments:

Sally Zellers said...

seems like you ought to have stock in some drug companies. ;-)

get well! we miss you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Please get better I am so worried about you! This stuff is serious you need to rest.PLEASE.
I'm sending love and good health to you.
MOM