Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Flu Update

Thank you friends for the get well wishes! Every day is a step closer to the light (of daylight, sunshine, and bike riding!). :-)

Tuesday's visit to the doctor and x-rays revealed that the pneumonia is still very present. While there were indications of healing, the doctor extended my Levaquin prescription by five more days and added a medicine to be inhaled via a nebulizer (Thank you V.J. for lending me your nebulizer!) three to four times a day. The Albuterol makes me terribly jittery. Yikes!

I must say that the constant bed rest has improved the condition of my glaucoma-ridden ankles, but my Beriberi is really acting up.

Orion is about half way through with his second round of antibiotics. John has just started his second round of antibiotics and is on his second day of Tamiflu. All this time I was blaming the boys for getting me sick, perhaps I infected them. I just hope they don't catch my Beriberi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Katherine I do hope you are getting better! Take care of yourself, drink LOTS! and SLEEP!
Need chicken soup!
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

hey, k,
sorry you are still feeling so crummy - hope you are all feeling better soon. rest, rest, rest...

we are all too familiar with the nebulizer... please, take it easy!

love,
tree