Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 24

I went to work today. What was supposed to be a half day turned out to be about 5.5 hours. I suppose since my usual day is easily 12 to 14, I didn't quite make the half mark!

I woke up at 8:45. After not falling asleep till 3:00 (I love steroids!). I washed my face, brushed my teeth, used the bathroom and returned to bed where I had my first breathing treatment of the day. Even after the treatment I just sat there and wondered why on earth I had decided to attempt work today. Nearly two hours later I found myself in the parking lot at work.

I spent just about two hours in my office catching up, grading, and preparing for my last class of Foundations of Ed. It was a good class. They had many outstanding and creative projects to share and I was surprised that I made it through the entire class without falling over!

But class did take the starch out of my panties!

I took nearly another two hours to get enough mental and physical energy to make the trip from my office back to the car. I could tell I pushed myself today because my chest hurts in that spot, still and again.

I am home now. Showered and in PJs for the remainder of the weekend. Taking another breathing treatment and ravenous (I love steroids!). And wondering if I'll have the stamina for Monday!

Note: I completed my extended round of antibiotics earlier this week, however I still have a great deal of snot and drainage. I continue to take over the counter and prescribed (at night) cough meds. I am still taking Albuterol and Symbicort and I have a little, crinkly wheeze that won't quite leave. Energy scale (1 being low - 10 being great) is about a 2.5. But last week it was in the negative numbers so this is an improvement! My next doctor's appointment is Tuesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why on earth did you go to work? You aren't ready! Please take care of yourself. I have been so worried about you this won't go away by itself you need rest!
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have the same crud I had. I ended up going in and getting a second round of antibiotics and steroids. Take it easy, I didn't and I ended up in the ER. Learn from my idiocy.