Monday, December 3, 2007

Dangerous Curves Ahead!


My birthday present to myself this year was a new pair of tennis shoes (Finally! Nola ate my last pair nearly a year ago!) and a membership to Curves.

This morning I woke at 6:00, dressed, scraped ice, started the car, scraped more ice, found myself at Curves, did the circuit, nearly died, and returned home. My only complaint thus far, mind you I've only been twice, is that it is entirely too warm in the gym. I keep my house at 62. How can they expect me not to keel over with a heart attack if the furnace is cranked to 80? When I went for my interview it was a chilly 65 degrees! Is this some sort of bait and switch tactic? Aside from the heat exhaustion I think this is something I can and will do. In fact, I am considering walking to and from the gym. It's only about .6 of a mile from the house. As I see it, it will take less time to walk there as it does to de-ice the door, heat the car up, and scrape the windows.
I'll let you know how it all works out for me!

2 comments:

Bella Luna said...

Kat, Good luck on the cuves. It has been a great program for many women. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

hey, good for you, K! keep it up, even on those days when you don't want to get out of bed...you're Yaktrax will inspire you!

You go girl!! Go girl!!