Friday, December 7, 2007

Let it Snow!

It snowed! It snowed! It snowed! Yesterday I got to school at 7:20 a.m. and promptly kicked myself for not checking the weather before leaving home and for not bringing sturdier shoes (I was in my Birks and the campus is notorious for NOT shoveling or de-icing walks. There were several injuries last winter. I was lucky not to be one of the statistics and I didn't want to be one this year either!). The weather folks predicted snow turning to ice with accumulations of 1-3 inches. They were right on target. Just around 10:00 that morning the flakes started to fall. It was gorgeous. By lunch time the the cars, sidewalks, and streets were covered. That afternoon, it turned "crunchy" when it switched over to ice.

Today it warmed up enough for the streets to dry out and the yards to get muddy. The next five days the weather folks are predicting highs around 32 and more precipitation. Unfortunately it looks like it will be ice, not snow!

But I am prepared. I've got my YakTrax. I'm ready to go!

1 comments:

Tree said...

hey, those shoes look pretty cool.. we're getting even more snow now.

no more snow. please. no more snow.