Friday, May 23, 2008

Drive-Thru

Wednesday morning I left the house early in search of medicine for my eyeballs. I didn't bother to take time for breakfast. I ended up at Wal-Greens where I found the meds I needed. The smell of McDonald's tempted me across the street where I found myself in line behind a beat up Monte Carlo. Both the driver and the car were belching smoke (ugh!). What was I thinking?

Well, that's when I heard the best drive-thru order in my life. The folks ahead of me leaned out of the car and ordered the following: "I'd like a steak and egg bagel. No egg. No onions. On an English muffin!"

Did I hear them right? The order actually went down hill from there and it took them roughly seven minutes to place a $10.98 order. Not to mention they were quite ugly to the attendant who took their order. I sat in the fumes while I watched three other cars zip through the other drive-thru lane.

It was the first time, I confess, that I actually hoped a food service employee would spit in a customer's order (theirs not mine!). Am I going to hell now?

0 comments: