Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lash Blast


My beauty regimen usually consists of washing my face in the shower and slapping on some moisturizer with sunscreen (when I remember). If I happen to put on make-up it usually consists of mascara and tinted lip gloss. I seriously resist putting on foundation or powders. But I digress. Regardless of how much make-up I plan to wear or what effort I am willing to give, I always try to slap on mascara. The 30 seconds it takes for each eye is well worth highlighting my unusually colored eyes. (They're hazel, ma. Not brown. And almost green, if you make me cry. And nearly topaz if I am up to no good.)

Well, last Friday I made another trip to the city to visit Costco. This time I brought along a friend and we had a marvelous time. However, I think we both worked up a sweat shopping! Well, I had a coupon for $3 off Lash Blast mascara by Cover Girl. Being that I have been a Maybelline Full N' Soft (about $4.50 to $7.00 a tube) customer and a Neutrogena Weightless Volume (roughly $6.00 a tube) customer for decades I wasn't quite ready to buy a three-pack of mascara that I had never tried. Unless the price was well worth it. It was. The Costco price was $13.99 for 3 tubes of Lash Blast mascara. With the coupon it was just about $3.66 a tube. What a deal!

I got it home and there it sat. For about four days. Then I tried it yesterday and again today. Holy smokes! These are eyelashes worth batting!

I love how the Maybelline mascara adds volume, definition, and color. The Neutrogena mascara does the same, but in a more subtle, nearly natural kind of way. The Cover Girl Lash Blast does all that and more. I am impressed! Think fake eyelashes without faking them! I love this new mascara! My only complaint would be the shape of the tube- ultimately the feel of holding the brush. The barrel so fat, it's kind of hard to hold on to.

I'm not divorcing myself from Maybelline or Neutrogena products. I love them. In fact, Maybelline Full N' Soft mascara just received a very positive review in Real Simple last month. And on the off chance that I use a powder foundation, I have been using Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation and I love it. Oh, and this summer I have been using Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer (SPF 45). I'll let you know what I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Topaz eyes I agree, but sometimes when youre angry they turn GREEN! I use Maybeline XXL intense mascara its 2 tubes one white the other black, its suppose to make your lashes longer, HA! I don't think I like it, I'll have to try yours.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

you go sexy girl!! Botox next????