Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pepe Uriburu

Orion and I have a new family member. Her name is Pepe Uriburu, the well-traveled cat. Pepe has been living with us since the middle of August and she is adjusting quite nicely. We are fostering her with hopes of permanently adopting her. Pepe is a small kitty and probably doesn't weight much more than six or seven pounds (A wee lass compared to Spot's hulking 15 or 16 pounds!). She is fluent in Korean, English, and Spanish. She was born in Korea, but has lived in Toronto, Ontario Canada, Washington D.C., and recently she hails from Mexico City. I can only hope to be as well traveled as my foster kitty! Pepe is great fun. She doesn't seem to mind Nola the dog (not that she goes out of her way to visit with Nola), but she doesn't care for Spot at all. But who can blame her; Spotty is more of a horses butt than a kitty. Pepe spent the first few weeks living in my closet and only came out for the necessities. After several weeks I decided it was time to 'help' this special kitty to adjust so when she left the closet to take care of some business I closed it back up tightly. She was amazingly upset with me for several days. But very quickly adopted the bed as her chosen place to nap. She splits her nap times between the foot of the bed (my side) and the head of the bed (opposite side). Every day that passes she becomes more and more affectionate and playful. She greets me when I return home. Last night I tossed and turned all night long... But somehow couldn't seem to buck Pepe off my feet (not that I was trying!). She is quite the agile kitty and very loving when the mood suits her.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Pepe looks great! I am so happy you have her and are taking good care of her. I think she will make a nice pet for you too.
Love her and Hug her.