Thursday, August 2, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

I made it home today in record time. Tree, PD, and Angelo dropped me off at the Toronto Airport this morning around 7:15. The timing was perfect. It took just over an hour to go through customs and security and then I was ready to find the gate and board the plane to Minneapolis/St. Paul. I arrived at the gate with about five minutes to spare. We made great time and arrived in Minneapolis right on time. I deplaned, make my way from one side of the airport to the other, and arrived at the new gate with 15 minute to spare! Excellent. Arriving in Kansas City, I deplaned, went to the bathroom (!), and picked up my luggage (It was waiting on ME!). As I walked out the door, the bus to Economy Parking arrived! What timing. I was on the road home by 1:10. I arrived in town at 2:30, swung by the grocery store, and arrived (still) earlier than expected to surprise my wee one!

But enough of the joys of traveling under the watchful eyes of T.S.A.

I had a wonderful week in Toronto. I spent the time visiting with my sister and Pil Dong as well as getting to know my niece, Ellie and nephew, LoLo. Tree and PD have created a loving and nurturing home to raise their wee ones in. To the right is a picture of Tree loving on Angelo, aka LoLo. Left, PD and Ellie enjoy literary adventures together.

The following picture is one of my favorites, I think. LoLo and I are hanging out in the living room smiling. He was truly appreciative of my ample attributes.


Tree, Ellie, and LoLo took me to the library early on during my visit. I was able to read two James Patterson novels, two trashy romance novels, 1/2 of a Stuart Woods novel, and a big book on family games. Not only did I get to read but I worked on a baby blanket that I hope to send to Ellie and LoLo upon completion! Best of all I got to cook up a storm. I made meatloaf and roasted potatoes one night, fried chicken and mashed potatoes the next. Spring rolls to accompany PD's Pad Thai. Eggplant Parmigiana and meatballs. Quiche. And I think my favorite, pictured below was Garlic Chicken, Won Ton Soup, and homemade Egg Rolls. (Thank you Chao for teaching me how!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures are great I want MORE!
When are you coming to cook for me?
Your meals sounded so good!
Glad you had a good trip and a great visit.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks again, Kat, for everything you did for us while you were here. The food was really great and it was nice to catch up with you after what...TWO years?!
Much love,
t

Anonymous said...

Wow! Tree your kiddos are adorable. Also liked seeing Mr excuse me Dr Orion!! Kat I will send you pics of my kiddos soon. Nathan had his senior pics taken at Plumlee!!! I feel so old

Kris