Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Eclipse Photo


Here's proof that I stayed up all night Monday/Tuesday watching a glorious lunar eclipse from my front yard in downtown Warrensburg! Monday afternoon I napped briefly before Orion came home from school. After dinner I sent him to bed around 7:30 and told him I would wake him around 3:00 a.m. for the eclipse. I was too excited to sleep. I finally dozed a bit after 1:00 a.m. and the alarm went off at 2:30. Brrringgg! I was up, albeit groggy! Sometimes a little bit of sleep is worse than no sleep at all. By 3:00 we were outside with Orion's small scope and the camera. What a morning! Orion danced around like a pet monkey as we watched the moon being swallowed by the Earth's shadow. The weather was perfect. The moon reached totality around 4:50 a.m. and shortly after that I sent the pet monkey back to bed. I fiddled with more pictures before showering and heading off to work. Tuesday was a very long day! But worth it! I only wish the telescope attachment for the camera had arrived. I would have had some truly impressive photos. Perhaps in February!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic!!