Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A is for Arkansas

(Criniod fossils at Richland Creek, 2001)

(Creek bed, Kings River Falls, 2004)

(Hawksbill Crag, Boxley Valley, 2005)

Arkansas is my home. Oh, I may have a zip code that reflects otherwise, but Arkansas remains my home. I grew up in Eureka Springs, a town known for hippies, artists, and hospitality. I spent several years in Conway and in Fayetteville pursuing higher education.
My favorite places to visit include Steel Creek on the Buffalo, Richland Creek, Hawksbill Crag (aka Whitaker Point), Beaver Lake, Blanchard Springs in Fifty-Six, Devil’s Den, and Hot Springs…just to name a few.
What do I miss most about Arkansas? The Buffalo National River and the tiny Odin Stones I find there, the fresh air, the thunderstorms, the leaves in autumn, fishing at the White River, hiking, but most of all my friends and my family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you are making me HOME SICK too. I always think of the beautiful places I use to take for granted.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Arkansas misses you guys too!

Drop me a line sometime

Kristie

Anonymous said...

Your friends and family would love for you to visit Arkansas once in a while! Love reading your blog.
Pam