Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fall Down - Go Boom!

My sister, Tree, only thinks she lives in Canada. I actually do. Monday we had highs around 15 (Which was much warmer than it had been earlier this month!). Some minor precip began to fall as I was exiting my car on campus. I got to the side walk where I promptly fell ass over teakettle. I looked up at the grey sky and wondered how it was that the buildings looked so tall when I finally realized my perspective had changed- dramatically. Despite landing on my ample rear, I somehow bruised the heck out of my knee.

Thankfully I didn’t tear my pants! I went in to call the safety office and they did NOT offer to take my report and I insisted they clear the spot where I fell. Twenty minutes later Dr. R. B., colleague and friend, fell in the SAME spot. Long story short, we had a personal visit from the safety office and our statements were taken and reports were filed.

While we haven't had the huge snowfalls that we did last year, we have had MORE snow and ice this year. And even though I bought YakTrax for both myself and Dr. R.B. (Who fell last year too!) we both succumbed to the poorly maintained sidewalks and parking lots on campus!