Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Revisited

What a week! What a week! I hope Friday finds you all doing well! We are blessed with a 50 degree day! Saturday will be a lovely 60 degrees! We won't know how to behave! But don't worry, Mother Nature still has a few surprises: We're expecting snow for Monday! Oh yes!

Here's a recap of my week!

I raced to and from Fayetteville to collect data on Monday for the "D." I am pleased to announce that it went well and I will be moving forward with the next level of data collection (interviews!). I plan to return to Fayetteville over my spring break (March 10) and then again on Easter Monday (March 24)... I am fairly certain I'll have to return in April as well, but I can't see that far ahead!

The two best parts of my trip to Fayetteville were staying with Shannon at her wonderful house AND unexpectedly finding my most excellent sister-in-law racing to Kansas City on I-44 in Joplin! (I looked in my rear view mirror to see a gorgeous Audi zipping up behind me and thought to myself, it's a pretty blue, just like Robin's. I pulled over to let it pass and noted it was Robin!) I tailed her from Joplin to my turn off in Nevada up 71 at the speed of Robin (very nearly the speed of light!). We had a great chat via the cell phone (I had John's!) until my reception became wonky around Lamar! Serendipitous!

After returning to the 'Burg I threw myself back into packing and my duties here at the University. Last night I bowled, but my heart, back and wrist were NOT into the game. My scores were abysmal: 102, 91, and 81...

Last night after bowling Orion and I loaded the Kia. This morning John and I loaded the truck. We picked up the keys and dropped off a few loads before I came to work. John's taken another load over and is sweeping out the garage! Tomorrow our friends from the Biology Department are coming over to help us (Yea!).

We'll probably remain at the "old" house for a few more days as we don't have water, a fridge, a new front door, or flooring in the entry or main bathroom. But these items will be fixed early next week, weather permitting (See my comment earlier about the prediction for snow on Monday!).

Wish us luck!

I'll keep you posted and I promise to post some pictures soon!