Friday, February 22, 2008

Is it Friday Yet?

What a day! What a day! I graded papers into the wee hours last night and graded the rest this morning! Barely making it out of the house and to campus in time for class! I made it. I wrapped up my afternoon by forcing John to make copies of my instrument while I made copies of the data collection sheet for the instrument and the IIOC survey for my "experts." I am ready for my trip to Fayetteville. I will be collecting my data on Monday.

Tonight I am working frantically on Science Olympiad which starts tomorrow morning! And wondering, how do I get myself in these situations!

Top it off with we're moving! I've been somewhat quiet about this announcement for several reasons. Mostly I've not taken the time. Partly because I am sad to be leaving my tiny house. And partly because it isn't quite real yet (read: I'm the only one who seems to be packing boxes!). Friday, we will have the keys to our new rental house. South of the university about 1.5 miles, there's a small subdivision filled with ubiquitous split-level ranch type houses. We plan to start moving on Saturday, March 1. The new house is huge. Built in 1972 it has plenty of wood paneling. It's big enough the we will never have to see one another if we don't want to. There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms above the ginormous two car garage. There's a living room, den, laundry room (yea!), kitchen and dining room on the main level. The basement has been finished to include a game room, bedroom, half-bath, and wood working shop! We can wait out the tornadoes in style! Besides the laundry room, my favorite part of the house are the closets- ten or eleven- each one bigger than the last.

To top it off, I heard tell from Canada, that my sister Tree is now Dr. Tree! Congratulations little sister! We are all so proud of you.

And so I ask, is it Friday yet? I better sign off and go create something devious for Science Olympiad.