Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sleepless in the 'Burg

It's nearly 11:00 p.m. The snow will either begin soon and dump four to six inches or pass us completely. It is a good thing we don't expect too much from our meteorologists up here. I think we'd have a lot less weathermen and weatherwomen if we had the same expectations for them that we have for school teachers (but I digress!).

It's been nearly ten days now of sleeplessness for me here in the 'Burg. I cannot seem to sleep. Usually I am up till 3:00 or 4:00. Then I finally crash right before Orion comes to wake me up at 6:30. Last night I had full intentions of going to bed at 9:00 but Orion had other plans. It was around 11:30 before I finally crashed. Only to wake up at 3:30. I've been up for nearly twenty hours today. I am craving eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. Maybe tonight will be my lucky night.

Did I mention it was 71 degrees yesterday?