Thursday, September 6, 2007

92-103-113

Ooof! I'm beat. Tonight was our first night bowling for the new season! And I am feeling every ball and every pin! It has been over three months since I've bowled! But it was sooo good to see everyone! My goal for the first few weeks was to bowl around 85-90 per game. Hopefully showing steady improvement throughout the year so I can earn a patch or two for high games or most improved player. In hopes of not over doing it, I didn't even warm up tonight. But that didn't stop me. My scores were pretty good (for me!). My first game was a 92 and I ended with a 113. What? Well never mind, it will be a few weeks before our averages are calculated. But I have some goals for this season: 1) To purchase a pair of bowling shoes; rental shoes are icky! 2) To increase my average by 15 points. That may take some serious work! 3) To earn three patches (At least one for a 130 game!) And 4) To buy a bowling ball. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

bowling is so strange to me.

bowling makes me think i want to eat nachos with that icky, sticky faux cheese. but then, i think about the bowling shoes you must have worn and my appetite dissipates as quickly as the nacho cheese coalesces into radioactive orange-ish sputum, sogging down over salty tortilla chips.

but i digress. congrats on your scores! i don't really understand what they mean, but from the context of your post it sounded like it was a good night.

miss you!