Monday, July 9, 2007

It's Hot!

It is hot today. The mercury reached 95. I lost track of the heat index when it rose above 100. I should be at work today; I had hoped to clean off my desks and reorganize my books. My boss sent me home. The A/C in our building died (again), and the temperature in the windowless offices and classrooms is over 85. I stayed as long as I could. But now I am home. Soaking up my A/C.
When I lived in St. Louis, days like this found Orion and me at the Missouri Botanical Garden cooling off in the shade of an ancient tree.

(Photo Circa 2004)



Or better yet, splashing through the fountains.


(Photo Circa 1998)
I remain an A/C Junkie!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I just found your email in my Spam folder...not sure why it ended up there!

Wow, O looks like he's enjoying the fountain! It's also supposed to get to 95 here (with the Humidex), I think it's around 90 now. Enjoy the AC!

And, hey! What's that about "stealing" my background - mine was a custom color that I chose after searching around the color Hex codes. Thief! :)

By the way, I'm linking to your blog...

T