Friday, July 13, 2007

The Parmele House

Are you dying to know where Shannon and I stayed on our trip to see James Hunter at the Playing with Fire Concert? I knew you were!

When I discovered that James Hunter was playing in Omaha, I knew we had to go. I began calling hotels in Omaha. However, I was unable to secure reservations. Everybody was full. Finally, a nice woman at a Bed and Breakfast in Omaha explained that I would probably not find a place in Omaha due to the College World Series! She suggested I check out Plattsmouth, NE, in Cass County, about 20 minutes south of Omaha.

I found Carroll at the Parmele House and within a few minutes on the phone knew that I had found us a place to stay. Carroll made us feel welcome and at ease from the moment we drove up. She made our stay truly special. She made several recommendations for dining and helped us with directions! Check out the Parmele House website for pictures and descriptions of this 100+ year old home!

Carroll's house is filled with fabulous antiques an she uses many of them to serve breakfast and snack. (If you visit, ask her to make fudge!) Another favorite part of my stay was the front porch of the house. When sitting on the porch of the Parmele House I never felt the 95 degree heat.

Shannon and I stayed in the Wildflower Room.


If you are planning on venturing into the wilds of Nebraska or are just looking for adifferent sort of place to get away from it all, I strongly recommend the Parmele House in Plattsmouth, NE. As for me, I cannot wait to return.

Carroll, I will be back! Thanks for making our trip to Nebraska so stress free, so wonderful, and so amazing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh*.

I SO need a vacation.

*sigh*