Friday, July 27, 2007

Safe Arrival

(Elizabeth JuSaeng & Angelo PilDong)


I made it to Toronto without too much upset. But, I must say, every airport is an adventure. I flew Kansas City to Minneapolis, then Minneapolis to Toronto where my brother-in-law, Pil Dong greeted me (thank goodness, I was lost looking at a sea of unfamiliar faces!). During my lay-over in Minneapolis we had a doozy of a storm. We were advised to move to the halls and away from the glass (There was glass everywhere, so I decided I had a great view!). I arrived in Toronto about 8:30, about 90 minutes later than expected.

I was warmly welcomed by all upon my arrival. Serena made chicken flautas, homemade everything! LoLo (What Ellie calls her lil' brother, Angelo) smiled and grinned. Ellie looked at me suspiciously and announced, "Mama!" Tree and PD had lots of hugs, bottled water, and beer! Yum.

This morning I had the chance to play with Serena and Ellie before Tree and LoLo came down to join us. What fun we had dancing and singing and playing. When Tree and LoLo joined us, Ellie Exclaimed, "Mama!" and then looked at me in utter confusion. "Two for the price of one!" I told her.

We just returned from the (most) awesome community center with double ice rinks, gymnasiums, library and more... I picked up some trashy romance novels, James Patterson books and a giant book on GAMES! I cannot wait to read them! LoLo is napping. Tree and Ellie are washing the applesauce out of Ellie's hair. I made meatloaf earlier today and will roast some potatoes for dinner.

What a wonderful day. I am looking forward to the next week!

Thanks to Tree and PD for opening their house to me and taking such good care of me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that all is great, and your trip went well even in a storm!
Enjoy your visit with Tree and her family, make sure you cook for her too! I know she will apreciate that the most!
Mom