Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bowl-it!

When Orion was wee, Mocha Mike and Aunt Robin would take him "bowl-it" at the Ozark Lanes in Fayetteville. He loved it. Well, who would have thought I would find myself, year two, playing for an actual league. I am whooped. These Thursdays will either make me stronger or just plain kill me!

Up at 5:30. Out the door by 7:00. Class, office hours, & meetings till 4:30. NSTA from 5:00 - 6:00. Bowling from 6:15 till 9:00. And yes, I did eat a taco from Taco Hell this evening. I had to have something. Despite all this AND the fact that my underpants keep falling down inside of my pants, I bowled pretty well tonight: My new average is 102 (Last year it was about an 84!). Tonight's games were: 102, 119, and 91. It's all fun. For those of you who don't bowl- a 300 is a perfect game (Strike every time! Ha!); 220 is considered a "high game;" and most of my peers bowl 160-180 with a few in the 200s. Now you'll know where I fall along that continuum.

Tomorrow starts early! So as soon as Orion is done in the shower, we'll read a few more chapters of our book, and it's off to bed for him. I'll shower and crawl upstairs myself! Sweet dream!

0 comments: