Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What's that Smell?

Good lord, the smell struck me when I hit the door. Was it the litter box? Decomp? Ewww! & Ugh! It couldn't be the litter boxes! Orion and I cleaned those just yesterday in time for garbage pick-up. So if that's not it, what in the hell died? Finally I isolated the smell to the kitchen. Was it the stack of dirty dishes? Many of them Orion's icky, sticky scrambled egg bowls he's been consuming at an alarming rate! Or something more nefarious? My Tuesdays are particularly exhausting. I had no desire to go on safari-- in search of Death. But after only a few moments in the house, I had to do something. Into the kitchen I went. The mail got sorted (finally); things that needed to find their way to the trash can got a little help; a couple of rounds of dishes were washed; and vanilla candles lit. Upon closer inspection I discovered that the dishes did indeed lend a funk to the kitchen, but they were not responsible for the smell of Death. That I deduced was the trash can. Or rather the "left over broccoli" that never found its way to the garbage disposal or the compost pile, but instead - spent two warm days in the trash can. "Out damn broccoli, out!"

This kitchen is clean.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We know all about stinkiness in this house. If we smell something nasty, we just have to find our aromatizing little girl and change her monstrous stinky pants...