Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My pants don't fit!

I quietly made my way to the shower. The house a brisk 63 degrees, windows open. Mmmmm. The steam of the shower enveloped me, the scent of my shampoo greeted me. Peace. Quiet. Steamy warmth. Eventually I turned off the tap and began to dry off when- Blam! The bathroom door bounced open and a frustrated, angry 10 year old stood at the door- four pairs of jeans tossed to the bathroom floor. "None of my god dammed jeans fit!" he wailed. My peace shattered. "Can you wait a few minutes? Pick up your jeans so I don't soak them getting out. I'll meet you in your bedroom!" I sighed as I continued to dry off. Dressed and slightly damp I made my way to O's bedroom to find that his pants indeed no longer fit. Damn those steroids, I thought to myself. Together we dug through his dresser- to no avail. Finally I found a nice pair of fleece sweat pants (Note: For five years I've forbidden O from wearing sweats to school!) and offered them to him. He refused. WTF? "Here's your chance to wear sweats!" "Nope, I'm not gonna!" "Well, I don't know what to tell you," I sighed. We dug a bit deeper and found a pair of dress pants, that fit- snugly. Off he went to school. In his "Sunday clothes."

I found my way to Wal*Mart later that day- I picked up four pairs of 14 Husky jeans. One pair fit. Later last night- back to Wal*Mart- We picked up two pairs of 16 Husky Jeans. Neither of them fit. WTF? So I am headed back later today, in hopes of finding something that will be comfortable for him. Wish me luck.

Of course, as soon as I find a few pairs that fit, he'll start dropping weight and I'll have to find another belt!

Wish us luck!

0 comments: