Thursday, April 10, 2008

Two Sheets To the Wind

Last month I commented on the simple pleasure of clean sheets, yet lamented that I don't change my sheets nearly often enough. Curious to know how often my readers change their sheets, I posted a poll. I had an impressive 12 votes submitted: 41% of you change your sheets weekly (my mother is quite proud of you!), 33% of you change your sheets every two weeks, 16% of you change your sheets once a month, and 8% of you (one of you!) aren't even aware that there are sheets on your bed.

Like any good thought or question, it leads to yet another thought or question and now I want to know what kind of sheets do you prefer to sleep on? Do you like those slinky satin sheets? Or would you rather slide between a thick pair of flannel sheets? Do you prefer the ease of wrinkle-free percale? Or does your soul crave the crisp feel of 100% super-soft, combed cotton sheets?

Personally, I prefer flannel for the cooler times, especially when my window is open and I can smell the snow on the air. However, when the temperatures rise and the A/C kicks in, give me those luxurious cotton sheets with the impressive thread count! Regardless, there's nothing I love more than clean sheets fresh from the clothes line, kissed by the sun and smelling ultra-fresh. Mmmm, two sheets to the wind.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I have to agree with you about the sheet preference, but the combo of "cool/flannel and warm/cotton percale high thread count" is not a choice on the survey.

Kat Mangione said...

I see what you mean, however on THIS survey, you can vote for more than ONE favorite!